Friday, March 23, 2007

PERSIAN CHANDELIER BY DALE CHIHULY AT THE NEW YORK BOTANICAL GARDEN

Thinking spring reminded me of renowned artist DALE CHIHULY’s past exhibition at the NEW YORK BOTANICAL GARDEN in the Bronx. He brought his spectacular glass sculpture in vibrant colors and organic shapes designed specifically for the Garden's collections and vistas. One of my favorite pieces is the PERSIAN CHANDELIER hanging from the glasshouse ceiling. I took a close-up photo of the glorious chandelier as shown above.

“My work to this day revolves around a simple set of circumstances: fire, molten glass, human breath, spontaneity, centrifugal force and gravity.” - Dale Chihuly

2 comments:

Ken said...

I love Chihuly. He did one here too 5-6 years ago, also at a botanical garden. My new photo blogs: chicagoexpat.com and ilio.ph. Have a look!

Anonymous said...

The Seaforms Chandelier also is a good name, if you will. Wow, he's really taken this art to new heights, away from his early experience with Lino Tagliapietra.
See more of Chihuly and Tagliapietra in this art glass for-beginners article!