Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Fast Food Chain "Shake Shack" Is #11 in the 101 Best Restaurants In America

Shake Shack has been listed among some of America's finest dining establishments in a new ranking of the country's best restaurants according to The Daily Meal list. Shake Shack is a popular restaurant chain serving hamburger, fries, hot dogs, frozen custard, beer, wine and more. Shake Shack was born from a hot dog cart in Madison Square Park created by Union Square Hospitality Group to support the Madison Square Park Conservancy’s first art installation “I ♥ Taxi.” The fast food chain ranks number 11 alongside high-profile restaurants such as Le Bernadin in New York and New Orleans' Cochon. On top of the list is The French Laundry in California, with Gramercy Tavern in New York coming in second. The other NYC restaurants in the list are David Chang's Momofuku Ssam Bar and Mario Batali's Babbo. The Daily Meal top 101 was compiled with the help of a panel of restaurant critics and food writers, who selected the winners from a list of 313 nominations. Restaurants in New York City dominate the top 20 spots on the list. The photo above shows the Theatre District Shake Shack located at 691 8th Avenue and 44th Street.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The UK's first Shake Shack is about to be opened very soon in Covent Garden London, Noel. I'm sure there will be one near where I live not long after that!
Jon Hein is very enthusiastic, he made me laugh (in a good way!)
Jan UK

Noel Y. C. said...

I didn't know that Shake Shack is invading London. Thanks, Jan.

K10 said...

I've had Babbo, and I've had Gramercy Tavern. While I've never had Shake Shack, I find it hard to believe it's anywhere near as good as those two. Is it reallY?