Monday, May 4, 2009

PETER LIK, Fine Art Landscape Photographer Extraordinaire

This is master landscape photographer PETER LIK's gallery at The Plaza Retail Collection at the Plaza Hotel, located at 768 5th Avenue (212 371 7951). I recently visited his gallery that showcases his marvelous panoramic landscape photographs, accented with unique furniture. Peter Lik is a completely self-taught artist from Australia. In 1997, he entered the competitive world of publishing with the birth of Peter Lik Publishing. He began with specialized panoramic postcards and the range of small hard cover books that have become his trademark. 
“My passion for photography is fulfilled by my search for the spirited heartland of mother earth.
I have stood in awe of sculptured landscapes touched by the emerging light of dawn, the day's last rays and the haunting glow of moonlight.
I am certain that at times the land knows that I’m there and I am greatly affected by that knowledge and connection.”
- Peter Lik

2 comments:

Luminous Views Photography Artist said...

It is great to see photography - and photographers like Peter - make it's way into the fine art world. I am working toward similar aspirations:
http://www.luminous-views.com
and prints of NYC as soon as possible.
-Michael

Unknown said...

Peter's latest piece "Romantica" is being unveiled at each of his galleries on April 17 at 7:00 pm, be one of the first to see it! http://blog.peterlik.com/