The 667 Madison Avenue Statue of Liberty is a bronze casting of the original plaster sculpture from which the New York Harbor Statue of Liberty was scaled. The work was acquired and installed by Leonard N. Stern in 2011 as a salute to American democracy and the legacy of the French-American alliance. Mr. Stern’s father Max immigrated at Ellis Island in 1926 and often recalled the powerful moment of sighting the Statue of Liberty as his ship entered New York Harbor. This statue was enlarged 16 times by the artist, Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi (1834-1904) to create the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor, perhaps the most recognized symbol of freedom in the world. It was presented as a gift to the American people and paid for by the citizens of France. The statue celebrates freedom, democratic government and the equality of man. It also celebrates the bonds of friendship between out two countris and the vital financial and military assistannce that France gave our Revolutionary Army comanded by George Washinngton during our young nation's hour of greatest need.