Saturday, April 5, 2008

2008 TARTAN DAY PARADE: the "little ones"









I made images of adorable "little ones" during the Tartan Day Parade earlier this afternoon on 6th Avenue. Pipers, drummers, pipe bands, organizations, and proud Westies & Scotties participated in Tartan Week's main event - New York's National Tartan Day Parade -- the largest Scottish celebration in Manhattan and one of the largest Scottish parades in the world. Unique among parades, the NY Tartan Day Parade features full pipe bands and individual pipers and drummers from around the world. Last year’s parade participants hailed from Scotland, Australia, Canada, England, France, Switzerland, Pakistan and the U.S.

1 comment:

ScriptQuill said...

Flipping through blogger, I found your photos. They really made my day. I'm originally from Scotland, but now live in Canada. Anything tartan makes me smile. Is there anything cuter than kids in kilts? :-)